Town of Brimfield
Request for Bids
Various Road Materials, Equipment Rentals, Full Depth Reclamation,
Type-I Bituminous Concrete and Crack Seal for Fiscal Year 2018
Sealed bids, appropriately marked, will be received, publicly opened and read on Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. in the Brimfield Town Hall Annex, 23 Main Street, Brimfield, MA. The following items for Fiscal Year 2018 will be awarded by Board of Selectman on May 30, 2017:
- Various Road Materials
- Equipment Rental with Operator
- Full Depth Pavement Reclamation with Calcium Chloride
- Bituminous Concrete – Type I
- Crack Seal
Bid specifications will be available for pickup beginning Thursday, May 4, 2017 at the Brimfield Highway Department, 34B Wales Road, Brimfield, MA from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday or by calling the Administrative Assistant for the Brimfield Highway Department at 413-245-4100, ext.110 Monday through Wednesday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Questions with regard to various locations and other matters relative to this bid are to be posed to the Brimfield Highway Surveyor, Zachary Lemieux at the Brimfield Highway Department as noted above.
The Brimfield Highway Department is responsible for the maintenance of Brimfields 71 miles of roadways, street signs, curbing, storm water and constructions projects.
The specific functions of this Department include:
- Maintaining the Town’s streets and curbing in accordance with the standards of the Brimfield Highway Dept . To include, seasonal maintenance such as street sweeping, roadside mowing, filling potholes, repairing damaged curbs, replacing signs and snow and ice removal.
- Maintaining the Town’s stormwater drainage system, to include, cleaning the Town’s catch basins annually and cleaning debris from drain pipes.
- Conducting small construction projects relative to improving the Town’s infrastructure to include, paving and drainage improvements.