BRIMFIELD CONSERVATION COMMISSION
Meeting Agenda/Public Meeting Notice
June 24, 2020 at 6:30 PM
Residents are asked to use a computer or call in to participate in this meeting
Members: Roger deBruyn (Co-Chair), Michele Restino (Co-Chair), Carol Platenik, Steve Phifer, Joe Venezia, Gary Watts, Sarah Fortune (Conservation Clerk/Administrator)
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Brimfield Conservation Commission will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found below. No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the Town of Brimfield website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
The Conservation Commission meeting will be held via a Zoom Meeting (Internet).
Public Participation via calling in or using your computer is encouraged.
To join the Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/96202163577?pwd=R0IvaXBMYWNtdlVuQW5BejU3WVlOQT09
Meeting ID: 962 0216 3577
Call or text the Conservation Clerk/Administrator for the meeting password or with questions during the meeting at: (413) 626-7084 or at [email protected]
- Call to Order
- Approval of Minutes: 5/13/2020
- Review Mail & Phone messages:
- Notification of Right-of-Way (ROW) Vegetation Management – CSX, Inc. & National Grid
- Public Inquiries:
- Chair, Member & Clerk Reports:
- FY 2021 Re-appointments – Roger deBruyn & Carol Platenik
- Other Business (New/Old):
- Approval of Documents (Payroll, Payables, DOA, OOC, COC, Extensions, Emergencies, Enforcement Orders):
- Request for Certificate of Compliance: DEP # 117-0389 – 13 LaFlamme Road, septic system repair
- Request for Certificate of Compliance: DEP # 117-0377 – 82 First Street, single family home construction
- Request for Extension: DEP # 117-0352 – Highway Bundled NOI for road maintenance
- Schedule of Public Meetings & Hearings:
- 7:00 PM – RDA: CSX, Inc. (Map ROW) – delineation confirmation for Vegetation Management Plan: The Commission will review a Request for Determination of Applicability (RDA) to confirm wetland boundaries in order to avoid wetland impacts during vegetation management under the railroad’s Vegetation Management Plan in Brimfield (Assessor’s Map ROW). A portion of the work will occur within the 100-foot Buffer Zone to wetlands and the 200-foot Riverfront Area, but no vegetation management work is proposed within 10-feet of wetland resource areas.
- 7:00 PM – Cont. NOI: DEP # 117-0386; 160 Palmer Road (Map 11-A-9, 9.5, 10) – construction of 3.38 MW solar array & gravel access road:
The Commission will review a Notice of Intent (NOI) application submitted by Sherman & Frydryk, LLC c/o Brian Caron of 296 Clark Road in Fiskdale, MA 01518 to determine if the proposed construction of a 3.38 megawatt direct current ground mounted solar photovoltaic array and 16-foot gravel access road for site construction and maintenance is subject to the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act (as amended).
- Other Projects, Monitoring, Enforcement & Violations:
- DEP # 117-0359 – Lake Sherman aquatic vegetation management: Treatment occurred on 6/17/2020
- DEP # 117-0393 – 144 Old Palmer Road: pre-activity meeting & minor amendment to project
- Schedule site visits:
- DEP # 117-0385 – Cumberland Farms redevelopment
- DEP # 117-0391 – 118 Five Bridge Road, single family home construction
- Set Next Meeting Date: Wednesday, July 15th, 2020 at 6:30 PM (3rd Wednesday of the month)