Trash bags are available to all residents for $20 per sleeve, which includes 10 bags. Bags can be purchased at the Board of Health office in the Town Hall Annex, County Line, Brimfield Market, Sunoco and. ALL trash must be placed inside the Brimfield trash bags.
Note: ALL TRASH MUST BE INSIDE THE PURCHASED BRIMFIELD TRASH BAGS. The trash bag cannot be tied to the side of a trash bin or it may not be collected.
A little effort makes a BIG difference.
Did You Know...?
- Paper and cardboard
- Leaves and yard waste
- TV’s and computers
- Bottles and cans
- Car Batteries
- Large Appliances
Be sure to keep these items out of your trash. More information is also available on www.Massachusetts.earth.911.org
A WEEK - EAST
NOT Including Rt. 19
East Brimfield Holland Rd.
Hall Place Rd.
Old East Brimfield Rd.
East Hill Rd.
Old Sturbridge Rd.
Allen Hill Rd.
East Old Sturbridge Rd.
Paige Hill Rd / Lower Haynes Hill Rd.
Little Alum Rd.
Five Bridge Rd.
Little Rest Rd.
Marsh Hill Rd.
West Old Sturbridge Rd.
Dix Hill Rd.
Governor Fairbanks Rd.
Wood Hill Rd.
B WEEK - WEST
Including Rt. 19
Haynes Hill Rd. (upper)
St. Clair Rd.
St. George Rd.
Dean Pond Rd.
John Haley Rd.
Dearth Hill Rd.
Kings's Bridge Rd.
North Main St.
Dunhamtown Brimfield Rd.
Lyman Barnes Rd.
North Main St.
Dunhamtown Palmer Rd.
Old Palmer Rd.
Mill Lane Rd.
Prospect Hill Rd.
Recycling Paper: Accepted
- Pack tightly in a plain paper bag or tie with natural twine or cotton string
- Clean, dry, newspapers and inserts
- Magazines, catalogs, paperback books
- Paperboard boxes (remove cereal liners)
- Junk mail, office, and computer paper
- Paper bags
- Corrugated cardboard, flattened (max 2’x2’x2’)
- bundles: ties with natural twine or cotton string
Recycling Paper: NOT Accepted
- No plastic bags or rubber bands
- No wet, soiled paper
- No milk/Juice cartons
- No thermal fax paper, waxed paper, carbon paper
- or laminated paper
- No stickers
Recycling Containers: Accepted
- (Rinse out all containers to eliminate odors)
- Glass bottles/jars only (all colors) – Remove all lids,
- corks, neck rings, labels may stay on
- Tin, steel & aluminum food cans & lids, aluminum foil
- labels may stay on
- All plastic containers labeled
- All plastic containers labeled 1-7 (containers with
- necks smaller than base) Remove all lids and neck rings
Recycling Containers: NOT Accepted
- No broken glass, or light bulbs, window/auto glass,
- dishes, glasses, pyrex or ceramics
- No cans containing hazardous material, paint or
- aerosol sprays
- No motor oil or chemical containers
- No plastic bags
- No styrofoam
TRANSFER STATION MAY ACCEPT MANY OF THESE ITEMS, PLEASE CHECK THE LIST.
Most Napa, Jiffy Lube and Hapco stores will accept used motor oil. Call Local stores for more details.
Auto Batteries, Sealed Lead / Gel-Cell Batteries
Automotive stores will usually accept batteries for recycle or trade.
County Line Hardware and Howlett Lumber will accept these.
Laser / Ink Printer Cartridges
Donate to Brimfield Elementary School for new technology fund-raising.
- Add kitty litter to latex paint to dry.
- Add kitty litter or Oil Dry to oils and solvents. Dispose in trash.
Most local tire stores will accept tires for a fee. Check the phone book for store location and more information.
As of May 1, 2008, mercury products cannot be disposed of in trash when they reach the end of their useful life. Please visit the DEP site, or call the BOH office for the guidelines.
For More Information:
Brimfield Board of Health
(413) 245-4100 Ext. 1103
(800) 551-5584 (Residential)